today I’ll share the recipe of an amazing curry stew I made the other night. I was originally planning on following this recipe for a Multigatawny but remembered that I’m not a big fan of soups… what I finally ended up with was very different from the original recipe, but so very delicious! feel free to remove the vegetables you don’t like/have on hand, and add whatever you’d like to! here we go!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 red bell pepper (you can pick your preferred one)
- 1/2-1 cup of lentils
- 1/3-1/2 cup each of corn and peas (I used frozen ones)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- a splash or two of oat milk (or any vegan milk)
- 4 tsp of curry
- 1-2 cm of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin
- salt as preferred
note: it gets kind of sweet, so add more salt and curry if you’re not too fond of it, I added less to begin with. it doesn’t get too spicy for me, but start by adding less curry if you’re worried
- prepare your veggies by rinsing them as well as to peel the root one
- cut up all the veggies, and remember to grate the ginger, or you will get large chunks of it in your mouth when you eat (it’s awful)
- heat a medium or large sized …to high temperature, and add the olive oil. put a piece of vegetable into it to know when you can add the rest of your ingredients.
- add the tomatoes and bell pepper for 3 minutes, lower to medium high and then add the rest of your vegetables. let them cook like this for about five minutes. rinse the lentils while the stew cooks.
- add all the spices and salt. let it be for thirty seconds.
- add the coconut milk into the …, then lentils. let it be until it starts to boil, lower the temperature to medium, and add the corn and peas. let it cook until the root vegetables are soft (approximately 15-20 minutes). you may want to cook some rice or pasta to accompany the dish at is point.